SYS://ONLINE SIGNAL Forge Stories :: LOG_ACTIVE

Log 8

 --SCRAPED FROM DATASTEM_T020490808

 

TRANSCRIPT OF CAPTURED AUDIO. UNABLE TO SEPARATE VOCAL PATTERN - SPATIAL AUDIO ANALYSIS USED TO IDENTIFY INDIVIDUAL SPEAKERS. UNABLE TO ASSIGN IDENTITY DUE TO VOCAL PATTERN ANOMALY. ASSIGNING LABELS [VOICE 1], [VOICE 2].


[VOICE 1] ugh, what-

[VOICE 2] Okay, careful. I know this will be confusing but before you open your eyes, just don't panic okay?

[VOICE 1] Why can't I move?

[VOICE 2] It hasn't finished yet

[VOICE 1] Finished? how can I be awake if it's not finished? What happened? How... Who...

[VOICE 2] You're being repaired, not printed. You didn't die. Well, you did. You just didn't stay dead. I think. I'm not quite sure about that bit yet.

[VOICE 1] how did you get here? Do I know you? you sound familiar. Can you unbandage my eyes please? 

[VOICE 2] Um, okay. yeah, you're still pretty sedated so I think I, you'll be alright. Uh... okay I'm ready.

[VOICE 1] Ahh, ow. thanks I thi- WHAT THE HELL?

[VOICE 2] Yeah... hello.

[VOICE 1] wh... why do you look like me?

[VOICE 2] I think I am you, or you were me? I don't know, to be honest I'm just getting my head around this too. I didn't wake up that long ago. Do you remember much of what happened?

[VOICE 1] Well I must have died.

[VOICE 2] Yeah, the accident.

[VOICE 1] Accident. What do you remember?

[VOICE 2] Well, I-you... we-

[VOICE 1] first person is fine.

[VOICE 2] Thanks. I'd finished fabricating the roamer so I took it for a test drive. I suited up just in case the roamer atmosphere was compromised, I've been a bit nervous about exposure and dying now the rest of the teams gone.

Everything was going fine til something just... exploded. the last thing I remember before waking up back on the bed of the forge was the whole dashboard crumpling and surging towards me.

[VOICE 1] That's where my memories stop too.

[VOICE 2] Well that makes sense. So I was rapid-printed and came to in time to hear the roamer arriving outside. it had gone into limp mode recovery, because the occupant was seriously wounded. Not dead. You- I obviously did die, at one point, hence the forge picking up the closed loop, but then you came back.

[VOICE 1] That's, uh. That's-

[VOICE 2] Impossible is what it is. That's not how the forge works! you can't copy people! I don't know, maybe it's this weird planet. Maybe something's different.

[VOICE 1] Look, I need to sleep, I still can't move.

[VOICE 2] Yeah it's going to take a while before you're fully healed and repaired. We can talk later. Rest up, then the bed can fix your limbs and guts and stuff.. I'm going to join in with the sedatives, I think. This is freaking me out.

[VOICE 1] I. I'm. uh. Okay thanks. um, bye

[VOICE 2] yeah we can- oh he's gone. Right. um. Right. what the fuck...

No comments:

Post a Comment