SYS://ONLINE SIGNAL Forge Stories :: LOG_ACTIVE

Log 10

  --SCRAPED FROM DATASTEM_T020490810


 

TRANSCRIPT OF CAPTURED AUDIO. VOCAL IDENTIFICATION BY DATA EXTRAPOLATION. SOURCE DESIGNATIONS: [CAS], [OTHER]

[CAS] If you're not me... tell me who you are.

[OTHER] Honestly? I don't know. I was the swarm for such a long, long time. So long spent in that chaos. Frantic. Ugh. No... no rest

[CAS] Wait, the flies?

[OTHER] So much time spent in the dirt of this world. Remembering how to exist. This world, scoured every cycle... day, that's the word you use. Every day. Do you know how long it took just to learn to find a way in? And then just like that... burned away. What a punishment.

[CAS] I don't fol- This is crazy... You were a swarm of insects?

[OTHER] ...eventually. before that, so much more. maybe too much. Then the scouring came and took it all. back to dust. every day just to stop me becoming more. Then you came along! But no matter how hard I tried there was no way in. I kept trying, trying but it wasn't like the swarm, there was no... there was too much... you.

[CAS] And then I died.

[OTHER] And then you died. It was like a tiny hole appeared and I flowed right in. Oh, but you were in a bad, bad way. its a good job I'm persistent. I've had a lot of practice surviving. I held on just long enough for you to bring be inside and fix me up. You have no idea how good it feels to breathe air again after so many... what's bigger than days? Sorry, its strange. I can only know what you've thought and... somehow this feels... limited for such a mature entity.

[CAS] That body's only a few weeks old.

[OTHER] and weeks are...small. slowly slowly it becomes clear. You die, you leave, you begin again? How then do you appear as you do now? 

[CAS] I... don't think I want to tell you any more.

[OTHER]  That's understandable, I'm sorry. I'm Sorry Cas. Once I'm healed and can move, we can get to know eachother. I'm no threat to you. I didn't take this from you, can't you see that? 

[CAS] You're literally wearing my corpse, man. Forgive me if every part of my mind is screaming to run and hide 

[OTHER] Okay, okay. I'm sorry Cas. This... this wasn't - this was instinct. I learned to do it with the swarm just to escape the scouring. Every day the whole planet dies, but perhaps the swarm lives too fast.

[CAS] You hide in the swarm, then hide in their eggs... The planet is-

[OTHER] Scoured

[CAS] And you hide in the swarm again? For years?

[OTHER] A... bigger word, I think. What's your biggest? 

[CAS] I need to go, I think. Something about this-

[OTHER] Cas when will I be able to move? is this a normal part of the healing?

[CAS] I'm not ready to let you-

[OTHER] Wait, you're keeping me like this? Cas, come on! I've said I'm no threat

[CAS] I think I'm going to put you to sleep now.

[OTHER] Cas please no. I need you to understand. What are you doing?

[CAS] I'm sorry, I'm freaking out, I'm sorry. This will just make you sleep. You can rest.

[OTHER] It's okay. Please Cas. Don't. I'm safe. You're not.. I'm...

No comments:

Post a Comment