SYS://ONLINE SIGNAL Forge Stories :: LOG_ACTIVE

Log 7

  --SCRAPED FROM DATASTEM_T020490725

 

I've been trying to keep myself busy while I decide what to do now that I'm alone. Should I keep on investigating Wulf 3's bonkers death phenomenon? Lets assume the Human Race will eventually send another probe back to this system, giving us the ability to once again print humans in orbit, and maybe replace this buggered Forge too. It probably makes sense to find out as much about this weird place before the isolation drives me insane, right? 

What I've learned so far:

  • If I go outside without a suit, I'll die at sunset. Closed environment - safe. Any exposure at all - dead.
  • The only native life I've observed are an insect-analog - very short life cycle

 I've also been expanding the base using the printable templates provided in the Forge's filesystem. I figured if people did end up revisiting Wulf 3 then having a comfortable hab already prepared might be nice. Keeps me occupied too. I have claimed the Master bedroom. I'm printing a big bed.

I'm also trying some of the more exotic printable food on offer. No bland protein mega tofu for me! I've got the time, and nobody to complain about the smells. Swordfish tonight.

Oh before I forget, I've got a theory about these fly things. Flies or whatever these guys are, might lay eggs during their frantic short lives, right? So the inside of their eggs must be safe from whatever keeps killing everything! Like my hab and the EVA suits.

One big question then: have they evolved like this to avoid the planet death thing, or were they here before it began? What came first? 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment